As a first time mom,all we want was to give the best and safest things for our baby.We want to make sure that all the things that we give and used for our babies are totally safe,emotionally and physically.The very first questions that comes to our minds are " Is this good? or Is this safe?".. One thing that confuses me is about using the pacifiers.Some said its not good and some says its good.As a mom,we have to make extra careful on what we are doing and giving to our babies since they are helpless little ones and that its only us parents that they depended on.I read and research about pacifiers and this is how i gathered.There are dvantages and disadvantages of using pacifiers.Let me discuss first the advantages:
- It will help the baby go to sleep
- It may soothe your baby if their fussy
- It will help reduce the risk of sudden infant death syndrome
- It can be thrown anytime or disposables
- It might cause ear infection
- Babies might depend n pacifier
- Long usage of pacifier may cause dental problems
- It can decrease mothers milk supply and can interfere breastfeeding success.
These are just few things that parents should think before giving pacifiers.Like me,i let my baby used pacifier when he was still a month old.I bought the one thats BPA-FREE,size suitable for his age,and a trusted brand.I make sure that its sterilized before giving it to him and i make sure that its clean and the cover should be closed if he's not using it.